Cabal and Other Unlikely Invocations of the Muse
About the Book
- In “Aztlan: Speaker of Verse,” a prequel to the Aztlan series of 21st-century Aztec Empire murder mysteries, a young Maxtla Colhua investigates the murder of a highly regarded educator.
- In “Behind Every Great Enhanced Being,” the mothers of teenage interplanetary heroes clash as only mothers can.
- In “Floaters,” a man discovers there’s more to his annoying optical problem than meets the eye.
- In “Flame’s Hole,” the bearer of an ancient ring finds it’s not the only terrible burden he has to endure.
- In “The Wall”…yeah, that Wall…we scale a possible future in a reality you just might recognize.
- In “The Scales of Justice,” an untested advocate tries to right an old wrong in The City of A Thousand Gods.
- In “Cabal,” a group of ordinary men try to take down a super-hero only they know to be a monstrous killer.
In these seven, never-before-published stories, bestselling science fiction and fantasy author Michael Jan Friedman presents his purest and most original visions—the stories he’s been meaning to tell you for the longest time.
Other Books in "Aztlan"
Find A Local Bookstore
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the page above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."